Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On the Mend

I think the yoga is doing wonders or maybe the Glucosamine/MSM. I went swimming with masters on Sunday for a full hour (it's really an hour and half) but I didn't want to push it plus we were circle swimming and I couldn't deviate from a speedy pace and have someone run into me. I felt a little sore after but not bad. I have noticed that I'm able to stretch myself even farther when reaching for each stroke. Maybe I will be 5 foot 3 someday and not 5 foot 2 and 3/4.

I went to yoga at work on Monday, then more swimming at the Y after work. Today I found myself not paying any attention and I'm sitting at my desk with my left leg crossed over my right. This is huge - never in my life has it been comfortable for me to cross my left over my right, just the right over my left. Seems silly but something good is happening from stretching. I have also been using my resistance bands for my shoulders. Tonight I am going to bike for 30 minutes just softly, small chain and see how I feel. If that goes well I will try jogging on Wed. I'm still doing all this without my heart rate monitor because I know I'm in too low of zones still. I'm not sure what's working for me but I'm going to keep going so I can get back on track.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey B -- if you grow from doing yoga, I'm going to have to start doing it regularly too!!

Bridget said...

Lynn - I'm not kidding but the last time I was at the Dr. (just a couple weeks ago) I was 5 foot three. No kidding. I told them to re-measure because that means I grew. They wrote 5'3" on my record. Weird huh. At least I match my drivers license. I always round up on height, not on weight!