Thursday, November 20, 2008

Amazing!

I was fed up with being able to bike for 30 minutes but then hurting for 3 days. I went to my Dr. on Wednesday and got a referral to see Motion Care. They are the ones who were able to get my neck moving after months of physical therapy at the Neck and Back Clinic that wasn't working.

I went to Motion Care this morning and told them what I'm doing, when I started hurting and that it's in my knee but my coach says it's the hip. When you go you lay on a heating pad and they wrap heating pads around the area of pain. You stay there for 20 - 30 minutes. The therapist comes in and checks out your motion, compares it with the other side and then pulls and twists you back to where you should be. She said due to the cold, rainy marathon my pelvis/hip muscle has seized up and never released which is why I'm able to swim (your hips rotate) and not bike or run where you need those muscles to move your leg. It's the hip! After 20 minutes of pushing and pulling I was good to go. She told me to bike tonight lightly for 20-30 minutes and see how I feel and ease back into running, etc. I have another appointment next Wednesday in case it slips back but hopefully this is all I will need. I don't know how to explain them because you don't do reps of resistant bands and they are not "adjusting" your like a chiro would do. . . it's just magic.

I'm so excited to get going again. Fingers crossed I will be able to keep going this time!!

No comments: