Friday, December 5, 2008

Easy Does It

I have been to Motion Care three times now. I have been taking mental notes each time they manually move my hip out of spasm. I don't have anymore appointments until Jan - they are that busy. : ( I was having some pain yesterday and showed Olaf what to do and he was able to clear it up. This might just get me through to January. I have been biking and swimming on schedule and exactly what my training says I should do. Running is another story. I'm basically walking with some jogging and at most I have done 2 miles. I have also started water jogging after masters on Sunday. I'm a prune after nearly 3 hours in the water. It's a slow start but I'm not too worried about it yet, it's still early. Plus I have to get through the 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike to even think about the marathon...when I get to that I'm cool with walking, crawling, limping, whatever it takes. I'm just glad I did start training as early as I did. I have a new schedule for December to work from - finally no repeats like November was. I used Octobers training plan for November since I was injured for most of the month.

I found out the YMCA I go to is having an indoor tri the third weekend in Jan. Can't wait! It's just like the one at the U of MN (TRI U MAH). Swim as much as you can, bike as much and run and they total up your miles. You have 30 minutes for each event. At the U's last year I was 9th place female out of a couple hundred women. I was thrilled because I hadn't trained that much for it and really didn't know what to expect at all since that was my first Tri. I actually wore super padded biker shorts - how embarrassing. I was the only one wearing them and we had a really padded seat on top of that. I'm excited to see what I can do this year. Maybe I can break the top 3!! Best part of an indoor tri - no worries of someone swimming over you, kicking you, a flat tire, or the rain - BONUS!

No comments: