Sunday, December 7, 2008

What's RB?

Good question - one I learned the answer to today at Masters Swimming. Restrictive Breathing!
Seemed like fun at first until you keep going and going. We had to swim a set of 100's. Each one we had to breathe every 4, 5 or 6 strokes. (normally I breathe every 3) Then 6, 5, 4. After you breathe so little doing 4 and 5 is not that bad at all. That wasn't too bad except there wasn't any rest time listed so I was doing them all back to back but that's not a big deal. When I was done she added a rest interval. Opps!

Next drill for RB was swimming under water as far as you can. Sounds fun, right? Well the first one was fun the next 11 were not. I made it to the end the first time but after that about 3/4 was the farthest I could go. Then you get to 'normally' swim back take a 20 second rest and do it again. For some reason when I swim under water I go to the bottom of the pool. The person circle swimming with me was wondering what I was doing. So each time I went I had a nice ear squeeze.

After swimming on Sunday I also water jog for an hour. I guess 1 hour of water jogging is like running 4 miles. I typically come home, eat something and take a nap. I ordered my own aqua jog belt today. I'm hoping to get it by the 22nd because I will need it at the Y. I asked to use their belts but they won't lend them out for use during the pool. So what's the point in having them?

I'm back into my workouts 100 percent except for the run - that one is lagging. I'm hoping to get it completely on track by mid January. It's so nice to be able to do everything again. Yesterday I had a long bike and run. I watched Legends of the Fall. I figure out how long I have to bike and choose a movie based on time. That movie was 2 hours 15 minutes. What a nice long ride in the middle of winter.

My workout scenery has changed a little. I got sick of looking at the ugly paneling in our downstairs and ripped it all off about a week and half ago. After a tub of spackle and a huge paneling bonfire.... and lots of glue scraping we have no more paneling, new paint, new mantel and tile. Here's the before and after. The lovely coral color was under the paneling. I have wanted to update this room since first looking at this house. Once the paneling off and the cement was on the fireplace there was no turning back. No more red bricks!! Now it's done and I can bike and run in peace without paneling!!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Nice work B!

Bridget said...

That's is what happens when Olaf works on a Saturday. I called him because and said "Opps, the paneling fell off the walls today." There was no turning back then.
B