Monday, January 19, 2009

Still chugging along at training.

My coach is pushing me more and more during Sunday morning swim workouts. I should be doing 1:35 per 100 yards. I can do a few at that but 15! 15 x 100 at 1:35. My face was bright red when I was done with that set. She told me to just wait until I have a 40 x 100 at 1:30 on my training plan. I came home and napped for two hours. I'm not sure how I'm going to break my napping habit after masters. I swim, water jog, have lunch and nap. I'm pretty sure there isn't any napping after the swim during IM. Rats! The other thing I noticed since my swim workouts are getting longer/more intense is my shoulder is bothering me quite bit. It feels great after running though.

My beautiful chlorine rash is back. It seems to coincide with days that the pool feels a little warm. It's all part of the journey!

Workouts are getting noticeably longer. A Tuesday run is 8 miles, the weekends are hours biking (45 miles now). Even my once short swim workouts are about 1 1/2 hours at the pool during the week. I cannot wait to get outside and bike to friends' houses or Olaf's work as my training rides. I have realized there's no more time for home improvements anymore (I bet O is relieved as he reads this...but Sept 14 I'm ordering new counter tops!)

This weekend I have my first tri of the year - Tri at the Y. It's indoor but it will give me a sense of where I am this year and I can compare my numbers from last year.

No comments: