Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's 2009!!

Last week I learned that my heart rate monitor was not reading correctly. It seemed to be 20 - 30 BPM lower then what it should be. I sent it in about a week ago to have the battery changed. I was hoping to get it back already because I paid for priority mail. I have really been working hard the last three weeks thinking that the low heart rate is just me. I think some of it is just me, but not all. Even if I add 30 to my 95 HR while sprinting it's still not in the zone it should be.

Just to be safe I actually took the entire last week off. SIX whole days just incase my lower heart rate was due to being overtrained. I felt great going back into my daily workouts. I also did the resting heart rate test at the end of my week (with a heart rate monitor that works) and took the reading which was 52 laying down. I stood up and 15 second later it was 92, then I took it at 60 and it was 62 and 90 seconds was 66. If it's not in the 90's then you should be OK according to what I read.

In January, as promised, my training was taken up a notch. The daily workouts are getting much longer. Yesterday I had a three hour workout and that was Wed. Today I'm supposed to have another long swim day but my banana boat shoulder is bothering me from yesterdays workout. I will just skip that one and just bike. I figure it's probably good not to do more harm right now.

This Saturday I'm going to try my bike out on some new fangled biking trainer/computer thing. It will tell me how much power I have when cycling. I just need enough for 112 miles and at least a 15 MPH speed so I can make the cut off and no wind. It would also be nice if they re-worked the road and removed half the hills!

No comments: