Saturday, January 10, 2009

When the prices drops I have to get myself a CompuTrainer...

This morning I went to the new Tri Fitness Training in White Bear. They have several CompuTrainers there. I was able to demo them and they are pretty cool. They are about 1600 dollars for a trainer that adjusts for resistance, wind and the course as you are biking. I promised the other two people there that if I win the Powerball tonight that I will buy them CompuTrainers. (fingers crossed!) You can ride different IM courses and watch a video of where you are riding. It's like watching a movie. The videos of the courses were taped just on event day so there are people cheering for you and walking around in town, etc. In a few weeks they are going to let people sign up to come in and use them. I think it would be great once a month to see how you are progressing.

A few things I learned was that my RPM's are just right at about 90. My pedaling is almost 50/50 power between left and right. It seems my left leg is a tad bit stronger which is the opposite of what I thought would be, my left knee/hip is usually the problem one. Weird! For a while I couldn't even get on my horse with my left leg. I'm kind of opposite of most people with more of my force when I pull my pedals up and less when I go down. I have tried hard to not mash my pedals but apparently I should. AND of course, my Softride was kind of weird to hook things onto it. The frame is so wide. BUT as always, I did get some compliments on my bike. I don't go anywhere with it when someone does say something about it. Even at the store they said "You're the one with the yellow SoftRide right?" Yep, I ride a beam!

I also decided to join their Tri club so I could find people to do long bike rides with. One guy there said he lives in Lindstrom so we could go on some long rides since we live so close. That's cool!

No comments: