Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Vacation/Training Day

Today I had a 90 mile bike ride. It was uneventful in a good way. No flat tires, no wind and a perfect overcast day. I reversed the tires and put my bike tire on the front because of the flats I was getting on my rear tire. It seemed to help. I did buy new tires and will put those on in August before Dairyland Dare.

I biked the same route as my 80 miler but went farther south and crossed 94! I made it to the town of Afton. It was pretty hilly but that is great for training. I took me 5 hours 55 minutes to bike 92 miles. My average speed was 15.2. I know that seems so slow but some hills I was at 6 MPH. Argh, and 92 miles is kind of far. I still get a little shocked when I think about this and the fact that I'm riding so many miles when last year I was scared to ride my bike and went to my first Tri only having ridden it about 4 times. I wanted so bad to ride just 7 more miles and make it 100 but that ride isn't until June 26. I can't wait to hit the 100 mile mark!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Way to go B!! You're gonna rock the Dairyland Dare. How's the stomach?