Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dead Dog on a 86 degree day.

I had a long run today and I was supposed to get up early to have it done before it was too warm out. I didn't get on the road until after 9 am. I got home about noon. This was my first really warm work-out. I have lucked out on all my training until now. The weather was always 50 or below early morning and I would need a jacket. I ran past a dead dog about mile 2. I thought it was a wolf so I had to look and it was a German Shepard with a red collar on. It was hit bad. Coming back home it was gone or someone must have pushed it into the ditch because when I hit that smear spot I had a nice round of dry heaves. I can't handle dead, rot smell while running. It gets me every time. I can't even stand the smell of myself running on a hot day. I don't know how a human can smell so terrible from a long run. I told Olaf about the dog and he said he saw the dog on Friday running near the road. I have no idea who's it was. Poor dog. Other dead animals: a skunk (that Olaf hit a week or so earlier but didn't mean to, PU!), a huge turtle and another smaller turtle nearby.

No comments: