Monday, June 22, 2009

Rodeo Time in Hunt Seat Pleasure

Last week I had a great idea to take my Mom's horse, Sherman to an open show. He had cut his leg bad last year and my Mom hasn't been able to take him out since she bought him. On a side note I took Roxy and Zorro (my minis) to drive. My Mom has never driven Roxy and I gave her my everyday cart, well of course she beat me. I had my fancy driving mini (supposedly placed well at a lot of mini shows) and my fancy Gerald show cart and I got 6th place and my Mom and sassy Roxy got 4th. Whenever I do something new it seems to be when it's the most popular. Driving classes 8 years ago had one horse, maybe two in a class. Now theres 8 - 10 and they are all awesome.
So back to Sherman. I have riden him a few times. He's 11, been shown to death AQHA and won at Congress a few years back in Hunt Seat Pleasure. Showmanship we had a perfect pattern and as the judge was just stepping back in fron of us Sherman moved his hind end. The judge even said "Oh, if he just waited two more seconds". Hunt seat was much worse. He was great in the warm up ring. In the ring going to the left he hopped a little in the corner but no on really noticed. We reversed and he at the canter he was literally bunny hopping down the rail. I stayed on fine but I really thought if I fall off what about the IronMan. Here I am riding a horse that should be dead broke and the whole class had to walk their horses because of Sherman (the Congress winner) bucking me. The judge told me that we would canter again and I said I wanted to stay in. After that the two judges decided that they would cut part of the class out to pick the top horses. I guess that is a polite way of getting me out of the arena. I tried him again in the warm up area and he bucked again and even harder. I got off and slugged him and backed him up...but still he won. He won in the show ring and in the warm up. Argh! After Sept 13 I can't wait to get on his back and show him who's boss. Sherman is my added motivation to get this IronMan finished so I can beat him up. I think when I return from Madison and have some strength in my body that he is going down.

No comments: