Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Nice Open Water Swim

Since the Madison ride I have been laying low. I have been really tired with a sore throat that comes and goes depending on how much rest I get the night/day before. I took last weekend off and didn't go for a long bike ride or run. I was going to do a small brick on Saturday and swam about 45 minutes in the pool straight and went to bike on my trainer and my bike was grinding bad. I immediately got on the phone and brought my bike to Penn Cycle. They removed a link in the chain and took off the 'dork disc'. I tried it out yesterday and it seemed much better, we will see on the hills how it is. I went swimming last night in Turtle Lake and Olaf kayaked alongside. Susan swam along the shore and did speed work. I swam about 45 minutes straight. It's so odd how different it is in open water. My left shoulder was getting sore. Next time I would like to go for about an hour. I have my first Half IM on Sunday so I need to really rest up the next few days if I can. It's been so much running around lately that I feel exhausted all the time.

No comments: