Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can I get permanently injured from doing an IronMan?

I was reading these last night after I googled "Can I get permanently injured from doing an IronMan" Olaf asked me that question.

I did find this and thought it was interesting knowing it will be painful. No one has really put it this way. I guess all my pain and hurting up to this point is also training for the pain I will feel that day. I'm ready - bring it!!!!

Manage the pain:Pain is part of the Ironman experience, and no matter how long an athlete takes to complete the race, suffering will happen. Working through and conquering the pain is part of what makes Ironman finishing-line emotions so special. So don't ignore or fear the pain; embrace it and manage it as part of the Ironman journey, knowing that ultimately it will make you stronger and your sacrifices and victories all that much sweeter. Your mental approach to pain can be the difference between a finish, a PR, and a DNF.

No comments: