Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday AM Swim with a Dead Body

Thursday Olaf and I arrived about 2 pm. We went right to Monora Terrace to get my race packet. First they check if you are a USAT member and ID you. You stand in another line to get the wavier and sign your life away - literally. Then you go downstairs where you are weighed. They need to know what you weigh incase you have a medical and they can tell if you are really dehydrated or over hydrated. Next stop they shout out your number in a huge room "2304". They sure know how to announce things. I received my race numbers and chip. After that I received a poster and of course there is a sales table to order photos. I ordered one finisher photo in a mat. I can pick that up on Monday after the race.

Friday morning I met Sue and her crew at the lake for a practice swim. Sue said there is a dead body out there yet to be found. A fisherman went in on Wednesday night and they are still looking for him. It was a great distraction to the swim. I didn't think much about swimming but instead focused in on hoping to not run into the body. I hope they find him soon for the family. We heard by Sunday he should surface. The water was nice and warm. I think my plan is to start on the far right side and give myself more room. I will decide race day either far left or far right. I just don't want to be in the huge mix of people right away.

After swimming we went to Marigolds for breakfast. It was packed with IM. We had a great breakfast. We will have to go back into town tonight for the race dinner and madatory meeting. So far so good!

No comments: