Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ready for Madison

I have literally been off and on packing for two whole days and printing guides, nutrition plan, emails to friends at where we will be. I even started putting together my special needs bags in April. While riding on my long rides I would think of something else I might like...electrical tape, zip ties, bio freeze, rain poncho, pepto, advil, lip balm - you name it, I have it in my special needs bag, especially the bike one.

I have my car loaded with my bike, a box of t-shirts, hats and clappers for fans, a box of food, a bag of nutrition and drinks, my tri bag with swim stuff in it, a small cooler to bring some food to Lynn and Gregs for the non IM people, a suitcase with clothes/shoes for IM (rain, hot, cold) and my planned on outfits, a duffel bag of a few clothes for the weekend, my foam roller, basketball, red soft ball. Hopefully there will be room for Olaf! Lynn and Greg's eyes will pop out when they see all the gear I have with. : ) Watch out, I'm moving in!

My nerves are better today. Erin sent me a nice email telling me "I can handle this". I will keep saying that in my head because really, anything that the day brings I have been been through before. I have been kicked, pulled under, put in the sleeper hold, freaked out in the water; had flat tires, rode in driving cold rain, windy terrible days, hot days; ran a marathon with strep throat, in driving rain, on the hottest day ever. Even if this is the worst conditions ever I have handled it and I can get through this. Thanks Erin!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

She's right -- you will succeed. You will be an Iron(wo)man! And we'll be there to cheer you on when you cross the finish line!

Erin said...

You're SO welcome. I can't wait to cheer you on on Sunday! You're going to be and IRONMAN!!!