Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Bag Lady




I ran the very wet and cold Medtronic TC Marathon on Sunday....my final marathon before hitting it hard in training. I didn't mind the forecast talking about spotty showers because I thought it would be good training to run in the rain. I have gotten caught in the rain for maybe 45 minutes while running in the summer. That's relaxing and fun in the warm rain. I have never ran in cold driving rain coming off the lakes and sneaking under your poncho rain. Luckily I bought an 'emergency rain poncho' at the marathon expo and secured it in the pocket of my running shirt with a safety pin so it didn't bounce out along the way. I actually put it on before I hit mile 1 and left it on for 2 hours and 40 minutes, but who's counting? I wore a visor to hold the hood in place and a race belt to keep the poncho from blowing up but I was still rain soaked. Oh yea, I even rang out my visor twice while running and you would think it wouldn't hold much water. Here's a pic of my cool running outfit. I did have a guy yell out "Go bag lady" to me. I looked around for the bag lady and realized it was me. I yelled back "It's a poncho. It has a hood!"

No comments: