Thursday, October 16, 2008

Take it Day by Day, Month by Month

I'm on a rest day today! I made it three whole days of work-outs. My bike is still the toughest for me. The swim was just fine except I didn't do any of the paddle/pull buoy workouts because my shoulder is still sore. The run was the most frustrating because I wanted to 'run'. In order to keep my heart rate 134 - 145 (zone 2) I basically had to run 80 steps, walk 30. I thought the run would maybe take an hour since it was 6 miles and I knew it would be slower. Once I started and realized how slow going this would be I didn't check the clock when I finished. I would just get going and have to walk. A speedy walk wouldn't keep me in the zone I needed and running how I normally run was too high. Despite the slow run

I was thinking about all this and how to keep myself motivated...

I decided that once a month I will get a massage on my rest day (something to look forward to). I scheduled my first one on Oct 28. I'm lucky enough to work at a place where I can just go to the fitness center and sign up for a massage during work hours. : )

I'm just going to take it one week at a time, basically rest period to rest period.

At the end of each month I'll total up how many miles I swam, biked and ran. That should be motivating!

No comments: