Monday, February 16, 2009

Still helping the economy...

I have needed all the warm weather gear for cold riding since deciding to do the IM. You never know what race day will be like and as far as training for this I cannot wait to get outside on real roads instead of spinning for hours in my living room. I have been putting it off because it's so expensive...then Tri Fitness had a sale. 70 percent off! I got everything that I need for riding in early spring outdoors. Now I will be ready to ride once the roads are clear or ice/snow/dirt. I even bought some nice running pants and a cool hoodie. At the prices it was cheaper then a sweatshirt/running pants at Target and a whole lot better quality.

During masters on Sunday I tried out my new wetsuit. It's too big for me. According to the weight chart it should fit me but it seems to hold a lot of water. I was getting water up the sleeves and could feel bubbles of water moving up in it as I swam. When I got out of the pool water came out my ankles and when I took off the top half it was like an ice cream bucket of water fell out too. I'll have to go back to Gear West and get the smaller size and try that. I wish it wasn't such a drive to the store, plus they have limited hours during the winter. If the smaller size doesn't work I will have to try another brand. I heard Orca is good for 'curvy' girls - that's what the ladies at Masters called me. I think that means chubby but I'm not sure.

My workout on Saturday was bike zone 4a for 30 minutes and run zone 2 for 10 miles. My knee is sore today but I'm not sure if it's really my knee or my hip and the pain is showing up in my knee. There is a trend appearing. One Saturday it's bike 55 miles and shorter run and the following week it's run 12 miles and shorter bike. I'm not sure which is the lesser of the two evils right now. When I bike that far I have a hard time at Masters swim on Sunday the next day and I'm really slow which kind of stinks because I'm with the fast swimmers and like to keep up with the guys. When I run that far my hip/knee bothers me.

No comments: