Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Olaf!

I saw these on the Internet. I have never considered myself a swimmer but can relate to all of these. I guess I might be considered a swimmer now. I do get asked a lot at the Y if I swam in high school/college. People even ask me for pointers. When I tell them I just learned last year - Jan 2008, they think that's funny. It's true. I swam with my head out of water to see where I'm going. I had a really hard time figuring out how to breathe in the water. I have also found that people won't share lanes with me anymore. I must look scary or something. When I ask they jump out of the pool. I know the feeling, I use to do that when people wanted to share with me.

If you have to try on 30 shirts just to find one that fits your shoulders, you might be a female swimmer.

If your hair remains in a wet ponytail throughout the day, you might be a swimmer.

If there are wet towels over every door in your house, you might be a swimmer.

If you have rings around your eyes unrelated to the amount of sleep you got, you might be a swimmer.

If waking up before dawn to exercise seems normal, you might be a swimmer. (You might also be crazy)

If bugs die of chlorine poisoning when they land on your skin, you might be a swimmer.

If the phrase "This set with fins" is better than hearing "You just won $1000," you might be a swimmer.

If you answer, "I don't need to" when someone asks when you showered last, you might be a swimmer...or your husband tells you it's time to take a shower.

When you learn how to squirt water 15 different ways, you might be a swimmer.

If being fish-like is a compliment, you might be a swimmer.

If your friends don't even call you anymore because they know that you have no time to do anything, you might be a swimmer.

If you sweat chlorine even after showering, you might be a swimmer.

No comments: