Monday, March 16, 2009

Next stop - Plantar Fasciitis

On this crazy train ride to IronMan I'm at another stop. I have been having issues with my achilles (left foot of course) since the last 10 mile run. I thought the pain was related to not wearing my knee brace and perhaps that was part of it. My foot has been throbbing at night that sometimes I take Advil so I can sleep. I haven't had a long run for about three weeks now. I have done some short runs, 2 - 3 miles and it has been OK.

At swimming yesterday I told Barbara about the pain. She pulled me aside and told me to use a golf ball to massage my foot. Then she pressed in on muscles behind my knee which was kind of painful. When she saw how terrible of an over pronator I was she said to go get orthodics. She recommended someone in White Bear. I called today and have an appointment this afternoon! It will be interesting adjusting to the orthodics when my body has been wrong for so long. I have been using shoes with lots of motion control and rigid arch supports but they are just not enough anymore. This means training will have to be dialed back whenever I get my orthodics so my body can get use to them. I'm just hopeful it won't be too bad and I can run without pain.

I told Barbara that my fastest runs have been trail runs. She thought that was interesting since my body is so out of whack being on an uneven trail probably makes me aligned. I know when Olaf and I run marathons we fight over the the left side of the lane line because that's where the road has the most slant. Maybe Olaf is out of whack too? Ha ha!!

No comments: