Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ah - Down Week!

This week has been great - a down week! Yeah! I have needed this to rest my achilles further. I ran last night for 30 minutes and it felt good. I just have to ease back into the running and maybe do more water jogging. It doesn't bother when cycling so that's great because that's what I have to work on the most.

I also figured out that vaseline on my neck will prevent a chlorine rash. Double yeah!

Two weeks ago I cut out Diet Coke. I just had one a day for lunch, so it didn't seem like a huge deal. Last week I was dragging by about 3:00 and usually falling asleep on the couch for sometime. This week I feel much better and have my energy back - or maybe there's no relation to soda, just that it's a down week.

I did manage to squeeze in something fun on Friday and Saturday. I painted all my bee hives bright colors. They are all ready to go for the new bees that arrive in early April. I'm trying so hard to get everything done ahead of time...I look at it like every week that goes by more time is spent training so the more I do this week and next week the better off I will be. I still have lots of vacation days saved up as emergency training days. I have 3 floating holidays and I'm maxed out with 3 vacation days I took on the books but haven't used yet. I have been getting a day a month. I can't wait to take off a day and bike all day.

No comments: