Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Auto Gear on My Bike

I didn't ride on Saturday because I didn't get my bike until noon and thought that Sunday was supposed to be warmer and less windy. I headed out about 9 on Sunday through Scandia to Lindstrom. By the time I got 25 miles my toes were frozen. The farther north I went the colder it got. I crossed Highway 8 and then crossed back to go home. I stopped at the DQ for fries (thinking they would warm me up). I really wanted to put the fries in my shoes to warm up my toes. I headed home and thought I should really get another 10 - 15 miles in so I went down the Highway 61 trail to stop and visit Celeste. She wasn't home yet so I just used their bathroom and then waited outside and realized I was really hungry and frozen so I left before she got home.

Lucky for me that Olaf turned on the heat in the house so I could warm up when I got home. I only rode about 63 miles but that was better then nothing. I felt good riding and rode only in the three biggest gears. My bike has something wrong with it since getting the new cassette because it would shift on it's own. I would be in one gear and it would move up and after a few minutes move back down. It's a weird feeling when your chain slips like that over and over. I have to take it back to County Cycles on Wed. and pickup on Thursday. That's the biggest pain going there to drop off and pick up.

This week is a down week. I ran yesterday and today I'm swimming just a short swim. My foot has been good, so I'll see how my shoulder is today at the pool.

No comments: