Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Cassette for my Bike!

Monday I did not get to bed early. Actually we had 9 unexpected people in about 4 hours. It was a crazy evening. Somehow I managed to plant dahlias, ride my horse, worm all the horses, clean the stalls, play with my nieces and nephew, check my bees and meet with all the unexpected people. I did not get to bed early and finally had dinner about 9:30 that night. That was supposed to be my relaxing night because I was still so sore from my Saturday bike ride.

Tuesday after work I went with Susan's Rohl wheels and my bike to County Cycles to get some advice on what to do. My bike has a 12/25 8 speed cassette and 53/30 in the front. Lucky for me I have good components on my bike and I didn't even know it. They are going to put a 12/28 in the rear and a new chain. It should be about 80dollars. That will give me a few more gears for the hills in Madison and during training. I'm supposed to get my bike back before the weekend. It's supposed to be rainy all week so I picked a good time to be detached from it. Ha ha!

He said I should save my money and get a real road bike and that my Softride is in excellent condition and would bring a great re-sale value because there are not many around. I'm certain I can probably get double what I paid for it on eBay - not that I want to sell it. I know it's a heavy bike but it's all I have.

Last night I was going to run but my foot was bothering so I'm still resting. My shoulder is sore so no swimming. I'm falling apart lately but that's just part of the training.

No comments: