Wednesday, April 15, 2009

150 Days!!!!

Time sure flies. 150 days doesn't seem like much time left to train.

Yesterday I did leave my house about 3:15 and biked out 97 to South on Manning. I didn't realize how hilly Manning was. One hill after another...it was quite a workout. I was able to keep an average speed of 15.1 which I thought was good since this was my first outdoor bike ride all year and considering the hills. I went to Highway 96 and turned around and headed back. Olaf picked me up right at Hwy 61 and Hwy 97 about 6:20 or so. I wasn't going to cross 61 during rush hour. I probably shouldn't be on the highway at all. It was about 43 miles and I biked for just about 3 hours. Whew! I'm sore today so it's a rest day for me. Plus I'm getting a sore throat. I think it's due to allergies. The leaves are budding in our area.

My house is a disaster. I have clothes all over because I got home, changed, fed the animals and went on my bike. After that I got home starved, ate dinner, went to the barn to clean stalls, feed, water, picked up a little in the barn...then to Walmart and Cub. What a long day, but I couldn't sleep after my bike ride. It's hard to wind down sometimes. I always get the feeling when I'm done with long workouts that my heart is beating so fast and it takes it time to slow so it's hard to sleep.

1 comment:

Kari Stanek said...

Good luck this weekend! I will be thinking of you!!