Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I have a right to change my mind, I'm a woman.

Green Bay Marathon is back on but it's now cut in half. I downgraded (or upgraded depending on how you look at it) to half the distance and we are now doing the half marathon. I'm back running again with my orthodics and up to 5 miles. It's a slow/steady pace. So far the pain in minimal to none if I don't get too crazy and go too fast. I'm hoping to get up to 10 miles by May 1. That would put me in great shape for doing the half marathon. Of course that I'm injured Olaf is training now. He's doing really well and runs most mornings on the treadmill. He wants to finish under 2 hours. I will just have to see how I feel the day of the race and keep in mind that I have IronMan and that is my priority this year.

Swimming is still going great. My workouts are about 2 miles now. Biking is going good. I'm itching to get outside but waiting for upper 50's - 60. I tried biking outside last weekend and it was just too cold for me.

I had a great test of my feet on Monday with the grass fire in the area. I left my house in my old running shoes with my old arch supports. I was in them all afternoon/evening running around the neighborhood helping people get out of their houses, etc and my feet didn't hurt. That's a great sign. I was kind of worried when I saw the smoke, first about our house burning down, and second wondering when will I get my run in. I got my run in just find that day. Some obsession this IM training is. I bet it has 98 percent of my mind consumed in something IM related.

No comments: