Friday, April 10, 2009

Who would want icky barn shoes?

I went for a bike ride today. It was my first real ride outdoors this year. I probably went for about an hour. I felt great. I would have gone farther but I took the Hardwood Creek Trail along Highway 61. They still had wood chips over the bridges for snowmobiles. I hit one going north so I went south until I ran into another one. After that I thought that was good enough for my first outdoor ride and came home. I always wear my "Muck" shoes (green, rubber, comfy slip on made for horse people shoes) to the end of my gravel road. Once there I put on my bike shoes and put my shoes in the ditch. I have been doing this for a year. I got back and no shoes. Someone took my shoes...my FAVORITE shoes. I wear these in the garden, horse shows, barn. I had to walk home over the gravel in my socks and and sad face. Worst part is they are about 80 bucks and only sold at Tractor Supply. : ( The only good thing is that I bought a 'reserve' pair a couple months ago and they are in a box in my closet, so I do have another pair. I'm not going to break them out yet. I'm going to put a sign there and maybe someone will return them. It's worth a try!!

No comments: