Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Monkey on My Back


Last Friday was a beautiful warm day. I was scheduled for a 1 hour bike ride and 9 mile run. I decided on a 30 minute bike ride and 9 mile run because I didn't want to push it. I'm sore from the run, but it wasn't bad considering my foot/leg/hip issues. I get the most sore from running yet I aerobically able to run faster/harder then biking. That's a little weird.

Yesterday it rained so I ran errands. I got my bars taped at Penn Cycle with bright yellow bar tape. I went to Run N Fun because they charged incorrectly on some items I bought on Sunday after swimming. I stopped at Erik's and used my gift card I won last year at Eriks Spring Cup Mountain Bike race (1st place!) I bought a yellow cycling jersey with Curious George on it. It made me laugh and it matched my bike. I only paid 8 dollars of my own money. I'm going to wear it on the IronMinnesota Bike Ride on Sunday. I will probably wear this for IM too if the weather is nice. Look for the biker with a monkey. I really wanted something with a Bee on it but it's too expensive to have one made and this is just as fun.

No comments: